Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Neuro OCP Daily Challenge #2

All of the reading for today's class class were very emotional. I listened to a podcast that talked of a woman living with a TBI and the struggles she faces. Her TBI occurred at work in an activity that she had performed often. She was helping a patient when she fell back, hitting her head. This made me think of all the times that I have been doing home improvements, falling of a horse, or acting silly without thinking of the consequences. At any of these moments I could have suffered a TBI, doing a routine activity. It really helps me tho empathize with patients and their families. This was not something that they choose, but something that happened. I want to be able to encourage clients and their families through any difficulties they face.

No comments:

Post a Comment